torsdag 2. desember 2010

English in the Japanese world


I worked with the texts on the pages 40, 46 and 253, and the way i worked them was reading each one two-three times, and meanwhile taking notes. I worked mostly with Martha, but also with Anna and Tuva. The texts are about Japanese Manga and Anime, English in the South Asia and Japanese English. Out of the text I've learned about how Manga and Anime, have affected all the cartoons and such as in the Western world. For example Digimon and Pokemon are cartoons which I've seen on TV here in Norway, so I think it's exciting to know that it has reached to Norway so far up north as well.

Another thing i thought about while reading the text "The triumph of Japanese English", is how fascinating it is that some Japanese is better in English than some of the native speakers! It seems like a lot of them are studying really hard to learn to communicate with others, so that's great.

My opinion of this assignment is that it was a good use of time. The class is called "International English" so it's proper to use our time to study how the English language is in Japan since it's a great and well-known country, and I'm sure that if I'll work in Japan some time for a reason, I'll be glad i had this lesson.

1 kommentar:

  1. Glad you liked it and glad you liked the subject we were working on. I agree that it is correct to talk about this in our class!

    SvarSlett